Saturday, October 17, 2015

Revised Conclusion

Similarly to the previous post, in this blog post I will rewrite my conclusion from scratch.

I will definitely use my new conclusion instead of my old one. The old one was similar because I knew that I wanted to focus on "so what." My old conclusion was way too short, and didn't cover all of the points that the new one does.

"Economic Weekly" (via RBS). 
New Conclusion:
When analyzing an act of public argument, it is important that you cover all of your bases. Doing research on the author is crucial because it can give you insight into their credibility and any biases that they may have. Looking into the target audience can show you why they use the techniques that they do to prove their points. Also, look at the strategies that they use. Are they focusing on one more than the other? Why do they use the ones that they do? In the field of nutrition, you must look at all sides of the story in order to provide the most unbiased argument as possible.

Old Conclusion:

When rhetorically analyzing a public speech in the field of nutrition, it is always important to look at it from all angles. Does it cover all sides? Does it present studies? What strategies does it use? One thing that we can learn from Alison is that we can’t agree with a writer just because something is trendy. A good nutritionist does not follow trends, they follow facts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection on Open Letter Draft

In this blog post, I will reflect on the feedback provided by my peers on my final project. I reviewed  Grace's  letter and  Aaron's...