Thursday, October 1, 2015

Analyzing My Text's Cultural Setting

In this blog post, I will explore some research that I've done on the cultural setting of the Chipotle article that I will use in project 2.

"American Culture" (via F1StudentNetwork).
The importance of honesty plays a big role in this text. In addition, business ethics plays a role, which may even lead to the laws that are in place that restrict a business from lying to consumers about the food that they are purchasing and eating.

The text addresses these issues directly. The opinionated author is not afraid to assume the cultural values, and throw someone under the bus if they don't mind the values. Even in the title, the author demonstrates hate towards a company that may be taking advantage of consumers.

The text is 100% supportive of the cultural beliefs of non-GMOs and business ethics. They do not defend the company that may have messed up regarding these topics what so ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection on Open Letter Draft

In this blog post, I will reflect on the feedback provided by my peers on my final project. I reviewed  Grace's  letter and  Aaron's...