Sunday, October 11, 2015

Practicing Summary and Paraphrase

In this blog post, I will be selecting a quote from my article that I will be using project 2, and under the quote, you will find my paraphrase and summary.

"Pharaphrase" (via EnglishTOEFL). 
Original text:
"I’m just going to say it: Chipotle had this coming. When the chain first announced its anti-GMO push in April as part of its mission to sell “food with integrity,” we argued that dropping GMOs was the wrong way to go about it. The case against GMOs is full of fearmongering, errors, and fraud" (Alison Griswold via Slate). 

Paraphrase: 
Chipotle deserved the lawsuit. Slate knew that Chipotle's switch to non-GMO campaign was the wrong way to solicit responsibly sourced food. Society has an irrational fear of GMOs (Alison Griswold via Slate). 

My Summary of the Original Source: 
Chipotle deserved the lawsuit because campaigning non-GMO is simply reinstating an unreasonable fear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection on Open Letter Draft

In this blog post, I will reflect on the feedback provided by my peers on my final project. I reviewed  Grace's  letter and  Aaron's...