Friday, October 16, 2015

Reflection on Project 2 Draft

In this blog post, I will reflect on my rough draft of project two.

"Lythrum Reflection" (via Wikimedia). 
I read Mathias' Blog and Lia's Blog, and provided feedback.

My thesis does not appear in my first paragraph because it fit better towards the  end of the second. I needed some time to explain and give background information before I just jumped to a thesis. As long as the reader isn't automatically assuming that the thesis has to be in a specific place, then they will be able to find it. The thesis does not just use broad terms like "pathos, ethos, logos."

I decided to organize my essay by introducing the thought of teaching a student, introducing my topic (GMOs), introducing the article that I am using, and work through the rhetoric in the article. My paragraphs need to be cleaned up a bit, but they all serve a purpose.

I did not address pathos, because I didn't think that it was relevant to my paper. However, I wrote about the other rhetorical strategies.

I discussed why the author used the strategies that she did. I may go back in and say why she didn't use the ones that she left out of her article.

I used some quotes in my paragraphs, but I think that I could add a few more quotes in just to back up my own arguments with evidence.

According to my peers, I did leave my reader wanting more. One of my peers mentioned that she was left wanting more analysis of the quotes that I used, so that is probably what I will focus on when I make my revisions.


1 comment:

  1. I can relate about how your readers wanted to learn more! I think that a lot of people do not know a lot about nutrition and it interests them because it is part of their daily lives. I also was unsure about the amount of quotes i gave. i think I need to make mine more even. Im not sure if i need to add more.

    ReplyDelete

Reflection on Open Letter Draft

In this blog post, I will reflect on the feedback provided by my peers on my final project. I reviewed  Grace's  letter and  Aaron's...