Sunday, October 25, 2015

Audience and Genre

In this blog post, I will identify the audience that I will be trying to reach in the presentation of my argument.

"Personalize" (via AlleeCreative). 
One target audience for the argument over artificial sweeteners are diabetics. Diabetics would be interested because these are the people who have to look for alternatives to sugar. The magazine Diabetic Living, the website Diabetes Forecast, or the website Diabetes Self-Management would all be places to publish. In this case, a magazine article, a website article, or even a video that could be uploaded to the site would all work. Here is an example of a diabetic article centered around what to eat.

Another target audience would be women over 40. I chose this group because I see a lot of older women over 40 using over sweeteners. A lot of my mom's friends use them, and also after working in a restaurant, I also noticed that the majority of users were older women. This audience could be reached on Women's Day Magazine, the Dr. OZ Show, or Women's Health Mag. This would mean that the piece could be written as a newspaper article, TV segment, or magazine blurb. Here is an example of a health article published for women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection on Open Letter Draft

In this blog post, I will reflect on the feedback provided by my peers on my final project. I reviewed  Grace's  letter and  Aaron's...