Monday, September 21, 2015

Reflection on Project 1

In this post, I will reflect on the process of completing my first QRG.

"Done," (via ELD).

The hardest part of the QRG assignment was definitely the sources. I had a hard time selecting sources because there were few helpful sources. Luckily, my teacher directed me to NPR, where I found two that I used in my project.

I thought I was successful in my formatting. After seeing the examples, I really caught on to the format, and it was easy for me to write in this new style. I can now say that I prefer QRG to typical essay format.

The articles about the studies done were most effective because studies are really hard to read. Maybe I'll be there one day, but as of freshman year, I would rather read a summary because that was the easiest way for me to get the message across to my readers.

What I have learned of essay writing was not helpful to my project. There isn't that boring aspect of long complicated paragraphs. There was no need to try to impress anyone with wordiness because you were trying to make it fun and easy to read.

This writing process was similar to other work that I've done in school because even if the essay was about something academic, I try to make all of my writing fun. I have always liked sentence variety, and the ease of reading.

It was different because I have never written a blog before. I have written more news paper like articles, but that is still a little different from QRG.

The skills that I learned during the QRG project are definitely helpful because it can help bring your assignment back to reality. You really have to understand the material that you're writing about in order to simplify it, and that is one of the best things you can do.

I read Stef's blog and Lia's blog. After reading my peers' reflections, I realized that the QRG genre is something that was new to everyone. Also, I found that my peers also enjoyed to QRG genre, and it is something that they would do again.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been hard to not be able to find sources for your topic. I did not have that issue. I also said that my formatting was a success. However, I had said that it reminded me of essay writing.

    I have written a blog before, but it wasn't a QRG. QRG's are interesting like you said. They are not just a written work. They have your knowledge in it as well.

    I think you could better elaborate a bit on things! I bet you have so much more detail to add! I want to know more about your reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I really love your image that you used! When I saw it I realized I feel the exact same way. I agree with the fact that writing blog posts is probably new for most of us. I didn't acknowledge that in my post, but I definitely feel that way. I think that what was most new for me with this project was the crazy amount of time that we spent for just one thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thing I think we can all agree with is that the whole Blog/QRG style was very new to all of us. I think that your line near the end about understanding material in order to write about it was very accurate, and I think keeping this in mind will be very helpful in the future personally.

    ReplyDelete

Reflection on Open Letter Draft

In this blog post, I will reflect on the feedback provided by my peers on my final project. I reviewed  Grace's  letter and  Aaron's...