Friday, September 18, 2015

Reflection on Project 1 Draft

I reviewed Zayla's draft and Jon's draft. My QRG draft has been peer reviewed, and I would like to provide analysis of what I have left to do to get my QRG all cleaned up.

"A Moment of Reflection" (via Travelledpaths).


This QRG was written for my instructor, my peers, and I may have my family read it as well. They all have different values, but I think that they all value their health, and want to avoid things that are bad for them. I'm sure that they expect to learn about pros and cons of sucralose, and why Pepsi is using it, which is what my article does.

I need to inform my audience of the basics, but not overload them with science material that could become boring. Not everyone knows what sucralose is, so it would not be insulting to give them a briefing.

A more relaxed tone is appropriate for QRG. Obviously, no curse words or slang, but it isn't exactly a scientific journal either. The tone is informative, which I try to convey throughout the QRG.

The format is QRG. This means plenty of blank space, images, short paragraphs, and subheadings. I would like to add a few more images, but other than that, the format of my draft is QRG.

The content requirements are a bit more lenient. There must be 6 direct quotes/ paraphrasing, which I have. There is no length requirement, but it must completely cover the topic. I would like to lengthen my QRG a bit more, just to add some more substance.

My QRG draft definitely reflects what I learned in class.....because I didn't even know what a QRG was before I started this class.

I have tried to resolve all grammatical errors, but will continue to proof read to look for any additional errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection on Open Letter Draft

In this blog post, I will reflect on the feedback provided by my peers on my final project. I reviewed  Grace's  letter and  Aaron's...