Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Reflection on Project 3

In this blog post, I will reflect on the writing process for project 3.

"Done" (via Alfatango).
1. A lot was revised, because the first draft was just a script. I had to revise the script when I was actually filming in order to make it sound more natural. For example, I had to make it sound like how I actually talk, and feel more conversational.

2. I reconsidered organization because planning to film something doesn't always work out. I had to add a slide with the recipe to make the flow better. I also had to film three segments because I had to break to put some of the recipe together so that the video wasn't long and filled with me prepping anything.

3. I felt strongly about my audience and purpose. I didn't make changes because of either of these reasons. I only made changes for the purpose of attempting to smoothly film a video.

4. I hope that all of the changes make me more credible. I know that when I watch a video, I will discredit it if it looks like shit. If it isn't well put together or if the speaker is fumbling over their words.

5. The changes that I made will better address the audience because it will be easier for them to follow, and to keep their attention.

6. I made sentences more conversational because they were to be spoken instead of read. I turned some words into contractions (can't instead of cannot). I also cut out some sentences in the introduction, because it was over 2 minutes itself, and I didn't want the video to be longer than 3 when it was all put together.

7.These changes will help my audience understand that I'm not trying to bore them with scientific facts, or go on a rant. I wanted to explain why I was presenting a recipe without artificial sweeteners, and then do the demonstration.

8. I had to reconsider length. A lot of the videos in this genre are super long, and that just wasn't what I was going for. There was no way that I was going to shoot a 15 minute video because I didn't have the resources.

9. Reflection makes you go over your work, and realize what you could have done better. It isn't the point to realize that you messed up and get upset, but to think "how will this be better next time?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection on Open Letter Draft

In this blog post, I will reflect on the feedback provided by my peers on my final project. I reviewed  Grace's  letter and  Aaron's...